San Jose Brew Bike is a pedal powered, 15 passenger cycle that tours downtown San Jose. Our mission is to provide the ultimate brew and bite experience by partnering with some of San Jose’s best local tasting establishments. San Jose Brew Bike is the original and only partybike you want to roll with as we set out to combine our love of exercise, food, drink, and FUN!
Unfortunately, the City of San Jose does not currently allow alcohol aboard the Brew Bike at this time.
Yes. You must be at least 21 years old if you plan to ride on a brewpub tour. However, private tours may be booked on which the age requirement is 16 years or older if the bike is used for city (non-brewery related) tours. Please call if you have further questions.
- You may choose to book 1 seat or the entire bike of up to 15 seats if you’d like a private ride for you and your closest friends and family—it’s your choice!
- Seats on the standard 2 hour Brew and Pub Tour are $25 Sunday-Thursday ($375 for a private charter) and $30 on Friday/Saturday ($450 for a private charter). Includes a designated tour guide, a seat on the bike, complimentary bottles of water, and select discount drinks at each stop (Book online).
- Extended 2.5 hour Brew and Pub Tour is $28 a seat Sunday-Thursday ($420 for a private charter), and $34 a seat on Friday/Saturday ($510 for a private charter). Includes a designated tour guide, a seat on the bike, complimentary bottles of water, and select discount drinks at each stop (Book online).
- Ultimate 3 hour Brew and Pub Tour is $30 a seat Sunday-Thursday ($450 for a private charter), and $37 a seat on Friday/Saturday ($555 for a private charter). Includes a designated tour guide, a seat on the bike, complimentary bottles of water, and select discount drinks at each stop (Book online).
- Custom Tours (food/drinks/large parties) are available upon request. Call us at 669-234-2927 to inquire about booking!
No. There are 12 bicycle seats with backs, but only 10 of these have pedal cranks. 2 of the seats are above the wheels and are not equipped with pedals. There is also a 3-seat back bench, which is designed for those riders who want to relax or who are physically incapable of the rigors of pedaling.
Yes, each seat can support a maximum weight of 285 pounds.
On average, about 5 mph—however, we may top out at a hair-blowing 7 mph if we really get our crank on!
Heck yeah music’s loud… er… allowed! Bring the tunes, and we’ll provide the bumpin’ speakers to play the hits!
For our Brew and Pub Tours, we have partnered with a bunch of San Jose’s favorite local brew spots! Standard 2 hour tours typically allow us to stop at 3 establishments for approximately 30 minutes at each stop. Our extended 2.5 and 3 hour tours allow for a bit more time at each stop. If you have a private charter, you are welcome go wherever you’d like – just let us know! The tour ends right back where it started- 132 Park Ave. San Jose, CA 95113 (Across the street from Morton’s The Steakhouse).
Our policy is that we roll rain or shine. We have a canopy over the top of the bike, which will help prevent getting soaked, but even with the canopy you will probably get a few sprinkles on you. We promise a little bit of rain will not stop the party! If you’re unsure, please bring a coat or book a tour for another day.
- 15+ Days: 100% refund minus 5% transaction fee
- Less Than 15 Days: 50% refund or rain check good for 6 months, your choice
- Under 7 days: No refund or rain check.
***IMPORTANT*** If we are not able to book a MINIMUM OF 6 SEATS the bike will not go out, for physical reasons of pedaling the bike. We will contact you if there are less than 6 seats booked for your time slot to try and coordinate a different departure. If we are unable to meet this minimum, we will refund your payment if we are unable to reschedule your reservation.
All passengers on tours visiting local breweries, clubs, or bars must be over the age of 21. Please be prepared to provide photo ID and have already signed the Release of Liability Waiver online.
If there is inappropriate behavior, we have the authority to terminate a tour.
Inappropriate behavior will result in early termination of the tour and a forfeiture of all deposits and fees by the customer(s) who violated our terms. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Extreme intoxication
- Excessive noise
- Loitering more than 5 minutes after tour
- Public urination
You may not abandon the tour by staying at the last brew stop, and if you choose to do so, there will be an automatic $75 charge to the credit card the tour was booked with.
Please have a designated driver for the ride home or plan to call a taxi. Please remember…Don’t drink and drive!
– Extreme intoxication –
There is an automatic $100 charge to the credit card used for the reservation if you or someone in your party gets sick on the bike.
This is a big party foul.
No. Helmets are not required, but we will have them available if requested. If you elect to NOT wear a helmet, you will indicate this on your liability waiver before the tour begins.
Our drivers work very hard to ensure you have the best possible experience. If they show you a good time and you’re feeling tipsy, please show them you are happy with their service!
You found a great place to ask questions and get answers. If we think the rest of our customers can benefit from your questions, then we’ll include it in our FAQ. Thank you for the inquiry.